Header part 2

making people healthy one person at a time

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Chocolate Gluten-free Vegan Death Star Waffles



           Chocolate Chip Chocolate Death Star                              Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles
                     A long time ago in a kitchen far, far away...
                       This year has been the year, if you love 
                                       Star Wars, to find just about any 
                                product you can think of! 
                             I have a recipe for Blueberry 
                          Waffles, but I decided to go with
                              the dark side! Chocolate chip 
                             Chocolate Death Star Waffles!

2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup garbanzo flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 TBS cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar of choice, I'm trying out date sugar
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup refined coconut oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1 TBS vanilla

Mix up your dry ingredients, then add in warm water with the vanilla and coconut oil so that your coconut oil will not be solid. Mix well then add in chocolate chips. Preheat your waffle iron. I noticed my Death Star waffle maker doesn't get as hot as my regular waffle iron. They took about 7 minutes to cook, but in both of my other waffle irons, regular and Belgium, they cook in 5 minutes. I got 5 Death Star waffles with this recipe using 2 scoops from the large cookie scooper that measures one ounce per scoop. This waffle iron makes Death Star sized waffles! Using my Blueberry Waffles recipe, I got 7 waffles. Here is the Blueberry Waffles recipe:                Blueberry Waffles 


The Death Star waffle iron is available exclusively on  ThinkGeek.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites