Header part 2

making people healthy one person at a time

Monday, August 16, 2010

Eggplant Spinach Artichoke Dip

I love eggplant! I love artichokes! And, well, I love Daiya cheese. A year ago I was happy to eat my dairy-free foods with no dairy substitutes. Then Whole Foods started carrying Daiya. I tried it and loved it. Then I found myself cooking around Daiya cheese. I'm addicted to it. I admit it. You can leave out the Daiya cheese and it is still yummy. I also have a name for my dip.

                                           EGGARTACH DIP



1 big eggplant
12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon hot sauce, like Tabasco
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon pepper flakes
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
1 cup of Daiya, plus more for topping
1/4 Gluten-free Vegan Italian bread crumbs
20 or more Gluten-free Vegan French bread crisps


Preheat your oven to 400. Wash your eggplant, poke holes in it with a fork and bake for 45 minutes or until done. Let cool. Steam artichokes according to package. Peel and seed eggplant and add to food processor with garlic and lemon. Process until smooth. Add artichokes, spinach, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, and 1 cup of Daiya, process until well blended, but not pureed. Add to baking dish and bake for 20 minutes on 350. After 20 minutes top with more Daiya cheese and add Italian bread crumbs on top. Turn oven up to 425 and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool or you will burn the roof of your mouth like I did because I wanted it so bad! Garish with chopped tomatoes, I used Roman Candles this time. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites